day 2


                                                                                            Toucan
                                                                                          two Macaws

View from our housing 
I didn’t sleep much last night because Robyn woke me up a couple of hours earlier than we needed to wake up! Our phones were still on Miami time so when we thought we were waking up at 6 it was really 5.  We went downstairs and we were wondering where everyone was because we thought we needed to get on the bus by 7:30 and we thought we needed to eat breakfast by 7. So, we were sitting around waiting until Robyn decided to call our mentor Monet to ask about the departure time and the breakfast. Monet asked Robyn why we were downstairs so early and she told Robyn it was barely 5 lol. She also told us we weren’t leaving until 8 o clock.  We had breakfast and tried to sleep for a little while.  I ended up sleeping most of the bus ride from the hotel to the research station which I regret because everyone except me seen some crocodiles. But I did wake up for the quick stop we made on the coast. We got to see a Toucan, and two Macaws it was cool. The research station is nice and the garden is beautiful. Since we just got here today we haven’t started our projects yet but I can’t wait until we do. We met the Ngabe Bugle people today that came here with our advisor from Panama; they’re here because they want to bring some of the knowledge they learn here back to their people. I’m excited to be able to work with them because they are also indigenous people. Today was fun and I can’t wait to see what lies ahead of us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

day 5

day 1