day 1

On Saturday, our flight from Yakima to Seattle was delayed and our flight didn't leave until 2 hours later. I haven't been on an airplane in years so I was nervous for the first flight. But I got over it right after takeoff because I started to feel motion sick. We had 15 minutes to get off the plane at Seattle to get to the next flight before it departed. We had too much lab equipment for each person to handle so it was hard getting it around and through check in.  The flight to Miami was about 5 hours (I can officially say I've been to Miami!) The flight from Miami to San Jose wasn’t too bad because it was short. It was exciting being above Costa Rica before we descended, it was beautiful and way greener compared to the Yakima Valley. Costa Rica is the first stamp on my passport! Since we were coming from the cold in Yakima and Seattle I was dressed for the cold and when we got to San Jose I was so hot! But it felt nice to be in a warm place during December :) Right now is supposed to be their dry season over here but today it was raining which someone said was unusual weather for this time of the year. We went exploring in town at the market our main goal was to find some authentic Costa Rican cuisine but we didn’t find any so we had some El Salvadorian food which was pretty good. The driving over here is crazy, so crazy in fact that I heard the government has restrictions about certain license plates numbers being on the public road certain days.  I’m having a hard time trying to get used of the currency over here but their currency is  pretty; my favorite is the one with the deer on it! Tomorrow we will be traveling to the research station which will take about 7-8 hours. I already love Costa Rica, I’m so grateful I could come on this trip! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

day 2

day 5