day 7

orchid

orchid

orchid

Walking Palm tree

the Ngabe Bugle

Today my group stayed in the lab to work on data. ImageJ was a bit confusing at first and tedious but after the 3rd or 4th plant it was easier to work with. The data that we got from ImageJ proved that our hypothesis is correct so far now we have to collect the data from the Kestrels we set up and see if there is a correlation between our results from ImageJ/Kestrel and our hypothesis. Our group started working on a paper today in case we want to get it published, we pretty much have it finished so our posters should be easy to set up. We seen some Walking Palms that walk about 20 m per year. I’m very satisfied with being placed in this group because they both have experience with research/writing papers, their knowledgeable and are really helpful. Went exploring around the garden today haven’t been able to do that yet until today so it was nice. Seen some orchids they were pretty, made me want to watch the movie Anaconda haha. The food tonight was bomb had some pizza! The food here is good also I just really missed pizza. We had a get together tonight because the Ngabe are leaving tomorrow, we all signed notebooks with messages for each of them. We did a little culture exchange we showed them a round dance, an owl dance and they showed us a couple of theres, they were fun and it’s crazy how similar they are to ours.  I’m happy we got to work with them but also wish I could have had spent more time with them but the language barrier was what kept us from communicating more. I wish them all well and I hope that they can take what they learned here back to their people and show them how to be more environmentally conscious. I also hope I can see them again one day maybe even go visit them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

day 2

day 5

day 1